​

​

History of First Baptist Church: 

Events that Shaped The Church.

​

FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH 1894-2018

HOLDING FORTH GOD'S WORD SINCE 1894

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

  M.F.S. Henton

​

  1894

Organized March 17 in the home of Mr. F.E.Clark. There were eighteen charter members.  Elder M.F.S. Henton was called as Pastor, April 8. Affiliated with Middle Oregon Baptist Association, May. Church building completed and dedicated in December.

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

1895-1905

Middle Oregon Baptist Academy offered grades 1-12.

​

1906

Church building moved to site below elevator and remodeled.

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

1895-1905

Middle Oregon Baptist Academy offered grades 1-12.

 1906-Church building moved to site below elevator and remodeled. 

​

1910

Parsonage purchased for $600.

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

1939

Church building burned on Sunday, June 4.

1940-Lots near business center purchased from the City. 

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

1941

New $4000 building dedicated, 

​

May 4. 1948

Affiliated with Conservative Baptist Association. 

​

1949

Fellowship hall added to church building.

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

1958 

Six class rooms and new kitchen added. 

​

1990

Parsonage completed at new site. 

​

1994

Celebrated 100th year to the praise of His Glory! 

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

June 19 2007

Commenced building project to expand and remodel fellowship hall and add new restrooms and Worship Center. 

​

2013

Dedicated New Sanctuary and Remodeled building.

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

2019

125th Anniversary